Frequently asked questionsBelow are some frequently asked questions relating to AMC cookware. Alternatively, contact us in order to chat to us directly.
Click on the questions below to reveal the answer:
How does AMC retain moisture & nutrients?
AMC is designed to prepare food below the boiling point of water, thereby preserving the moisture, vitamins and minerals in the food that normally get destroyed by excessive heat.
Will I ever need to pay for repairs?
The lifetime guarantee is very comprehensive and guarantees our cookware against any manufacturing defects. However, should your cookware become damaged due to misuse or negligence, then replacement or related costs will be at your expense.
Can I use AMC on gas?
Yes, AMC is safe to use on gas, but remember to still work on medium to low temperatures. Don’t allow the flame to pass the base of the unit as it can burn or mark the sides of the cookware and melt the handles. A useful accessory is the AMC InSim plate which acts as the ideal simmer plate when cooking on gas.
Can I use AMC in an oven?
The classic AMC design cookware (black handles) cannot be used inside the oven due to the Bakelite handles. However, the AMC Gourmet Range, launched in 2011, features stainless steel handles and can be used in the oven, without the lid. This allows you to round off your meals with a delicious grill in the oven, if your recipe calls for this.
What is covered under your lifetime guarantee?
It is a condition that:
- AMC cookware and serving units are made of the finest grade stainless steel.
- All materials used in AMC cookware including handles, screws and washers are rustproof.
- If for any reason replacement or repair is necessary because of faulty material or workmanship, this will be done without charge. In the event of replacement under guarantee where the style of cookware is no longer in our current range, it will be replaced with the same unit from our latest range.
- There is no time limit to this guarantee.
- If for any reason it is necessary to replace the Visiotherm®, Audiotherm®, Electric Probe, Element, Speedcooker® Lid Handle or Urn Tap and Switch within two years of purchase because of faulty material or workmanship, this will be done without charge. Thereafter the Visiotherm®, Audiotherm®, Electric Probe, Element, Speedcooker® Lid Handle or Urn Tap and Switch will be replaced at 50% of the ruling retail selling price, upon presentation of the original damaged item.
- Accidental Damage: Any cookware which is accidentally damaged in whatever way will be replaced by AMC at 50% of the ruling retail selling price.
- Bakelite and nylon parts are guaranteed for two years only.
- The Speedcooker® rubber sealing ring is guaranteed for one year only.
- This guarantee does not cover consequential damages and/or loss or damage to AMC cookware should such damage be caused due to negligence or misuse.
- Negligence or misuse would refer to ignoring the care instructions for your cookware as instructed in this leaflet and other AMC instruction booklets, or on pages 12 - 15 of The AMC Book.
- Separation of the encapsulated base of the Superstar and New Generation cookware, owing to excessive overheating, is not covered by this guarantee.
- Pitting is not a result of material defect or faulty workmanship.
- Damages effected by refurbishing or repair to any of our products or our electrified units, by parties other than AMC, except when appointed by AMC, are not covered by our Guarantee.
What are these UNITS you speak of? I want POTS!
A fine question. AMC Cookware offers state of the art, high quality utensils used in the preparation of food. For this reason at AMC, we prefer not to refer to our products as pots, a word also used to describe a number of things or substances, but rather as units, a word we feel more apt for our product.
Can I put AMC in the Dishwasher?
Yes, most AMC cookware is safe to use in the dishwasher, although we recommend using regular dish washing powder and salts as apposed to the “all-in-one” solutions. Electrical units and the Speedcooker® lid should ideally not be used in the dishwasher, however.
I’m allergic to aluminium - can I still use AMC?
AMC cookware is manufactured from the highest grade surgical stainless steel. Although the base contains aluminium - it is completely encapsulated by the stainless steel. Through our unique design, it is not possible for the aluminium in the base to come into contact with food cooked in the unit, and neither can the aluminium affect the stainless steel or penetrate it’s surrounding layer.
The aluminium in the base serves to give our product it’s heat retention properties, nothing else. Therefore I can safely say that AMC is the right choice of cookware for someone allergic to aluminium.
How long will my AMC cookware last?
We offer a lifetime guarantee on our cookware, provided they are used in accordance with our Cooking and Cleaning instructions. By following this guide, your cookware will provide you years of faultless service and satisfaction.
What sizes does your cookware come in?
AMC offers a wide range of cookware units in a variety of sizes. The smallest unit diameter is 16 cm with a 1,1 litre capacity, up to our largest unit which is 40 cm in diameter with a 32 litre capacity. Please browse our products for the entire range of cookware we offer.
Can I use AMC cookware on an induction oven?
Yes. The New Generation of AMC cookware launched in April 2009 is “induction friendly”, and can be used “as is” on induction stove tops. The New Generation is featured on our website and is the only range on sale at this point in time.
Our previous ranges of cookware can be used in conjunction with the AMC InSim Plate on induction cookers.