AMC 40 cm Magnum leaflet
The AMC 40 cm Magnum is the largest unit in our range of cookware. It's substantially larger than any of the other AMC units and will definitely satisfy all your catering needs. This 28 litre electrified unit has been specifically manufactured to allow you to cook and serve the food from one point. To follow is an extract from the product leaflet.
Download the AMC 40 cm Magnum and read at your convenience.
The Big Solution
The AMC Magnum features the well known AMC design, with its superb heat retention and distribution abilities. Remember this when cooking – don’t assume that higher temperatures are required for this size unit. Once the base is hot it will maintain its heat for a long period of time, even after the probe has been switched off.
AMC’s waterless and fat-free cooking methods still apply, so even when cooking on a larger scale you can do this in a healthy manner. Remember to monitor the cooking temperature inside the unit by using the Visiotherm®.
Due to its size, this unit may take slightly longer to heat up. A large volume of food will cook for a longer period of time, but the probe will continue to maintain the desired temperature. As this unit is electrified it will, despite its size, require less electricity than cooking the same amount of food in various smaller units on the stove.
Please note: DO NOT attempt to move this unit once it is filled with food – it will be extremely heavy.
Care & cleaning
- Before using your AMC 40 cm Magnum for the first time, wash the unit in hot soapy water with a soft cloth or non-scratch sponge. The unit should not be completely immersed in water. If the prongs and socket area do come into contact with water, make sure that it is thoroughly dried before using it again. The electric probe must never be immersed in water, if necessary wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- After use, clean the Magnum in hot soapy water with a soft cloth or non-scratch sponge. Dry immediately to prevent watermarks from forming and to maintain the unit’s shiny appearance. Don’t use any abrasive cleaning materials, as this will scratch the polished stainless steel. AMC Classic Cleaner, our cleaning paste, is ideal for cleaning purposes. The inside and outside of the unit must never be washed with a scourer or hard sponge which could scratch the stainless steel.
Making it practical
A simple comparison - The 40 cm Magnum (28 litres) is more than twice the size of the 30 cm Titan (13.5 litres), which used to be our biggest unit. You can cook 2 kg rice in the Titan, compared to a whopping 5 kg in the Magnum.
- Always preheat unit over a MEDIUM temperature. Don’t start cooking over a high temperature, as this could burn the large volume of food. As with all AMC cookware it is advisable not to fill the unit to more than two-thirds of its capacity.
- Cooking rice or vegetables: Preheat cold unit with food in, with probe on 6 until Visiotherm® reaches first red area. Then reduce heat to 4 - 5 on probe for duration of cooking process, depending on type and quantity of food. The Visiotherm® should gradually move and then stay between the 1 - 2 o’clock position, so adjust probe setting accordingly
- Sautéing or frying ingredients: Preheat empty unit with probe on 6, until Visiotherm® reaches first red area. Maintain the probe setting until sautéing is completed, then reduce heat once covered with lid.
- Read all the instructions in this leaflet carefully before using the Magnum for the first time.
- Always insert the electric probe into the unit before plugging it into the wall outlet. When the probe is not in use, disconnect from the socket and wall outlet.
- Use the unit only with the AMC probe provided.
- Don’t place the unit on a hot electrical plate, near a gas flame or in a heated oven.
- Always place the Magnum on a level surface.
- Don’t let the electrical cord touch hot surfaces or hang over the edge of a counter or table.
- Close supervision is necessary when cooking in the unit near children.
- Never leave hot oil unattended in the unit.
- Do not use the Magnum for any other purpose than its intended use, i.e. cooking food.
- Always unplug the AMC Magnum before cleaning.
- Never immerse the probe, cord or plug in water or any other liquid.
- When using the Magnum for the first time you may notice slight smoking from the socket area. Don’t be alarmed – this is caused by a protective oil which burns off after the first use.
- A crackling noise may be heard when heating the Magnum. This is due to metal expansion and is normal.
- Do not use the Magnum, electric probe or cord if it has malfunctioned or is damaged in any way. Take it to your nearest AMC Consultant Centre for inspection.
- Do not carry or move the Magnum while it is full of food as it will be very heavy. Do not attempt to move it once filled with hot food or liquid, as it could spill and burn you.