Fat free frying in AMC
Fat free frying in AMC is one of the great benefits of using our cookware. With the use of the AMC Visiotherm® and medium to low temperatures, it's also easy to do. This video shows you how.
- Preheat your AMC cookware over a medium temperature until the indicator of the Visiotherm® reaches the first red area.
- Place chicken skin side down in the cookware. Allow to fry for a few minutes before turning the chicken pieces over.
- Once browned, cover with lid and reduce heat to lowest setting. Cook meat for required time before serving.
- For frying other meats, the same method is used. The only time that you need to use a small amount of fat or oil is if you fry fish, skinless chcken breast fillets or eggs.
- Smilarly, anything that is crumbed or in a batter (e.g. fishcakes or fritters) also requires a small amount of oil (5 - 10 ml) for frying.
- If frying small portions or strips of meat, you might not need to cover with lid and cook further. In this case simply fry with the lid off and temperature on medium.
- When frying vegetables or sautéing onions you can follow the same method above (medium temperature and first red area of Visiotherm®) and not use any fats or oils to fry. In this instance you would not cover with lid when frying.
- If you do need to use an oil for frying or prefer to do so, please use a heart healthy oil for cooking such as olive or coconut oil.