What is the Thermocontrol and how do I use it?
The new AMC Synergy range is fitted with an AMC Thermocontrol lid knob. This control gives you a visual indicator of the heat in your cookware, and can be used as a guide for when to start cooking and when to reduce the heat.
WHAT IS THE THERMOCONTROL AND HOW DO I USE IT?
There are three areas to take note of when using the Thermocontrol:
Blue zone: Start cooking just before first blue line. (Reduce heat or fry)
Green zone: Optimum cooking area.
Red zone: Your cookware is overheating and food might burn.
Here is a brief guideline on how to use the Thermocontrol:
For browning meat, sautéing vegetables and frying:
- Heat an empty unit over a medium temperature until the Thermocontrol indicator is just before the first blue line.
- Remove lid and and place food in your preheated unit, browning on both sides until done to your liking. (Or sauté, fry etc. at this stage.)
- If further cooking is required, cover with lid and reduce heat to lowest setting. The Thermocontrol indicator will move into the green zone, the optimum cooking area. Cook for the required amount of time.
- If the Thermocontrol reaches the red zone, your unit is too hot. Reduce heat further or turn stove off if your food is almost finished cooking.
For waterless vegetables or cooking rice and grains:
- Place dripping wet vegetables or rice with water in a cold unit. Heat over a medium temperature until the Thermocontrol indicator is just before the first blue line.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting (keep the lid on). The indicator will move into the green zone, the optimum cooking area. Cook for required amount of time.
- If the Thermocontrol reaches the red zone, your unit is too hot. Reduce the heat further or remove from stove.
AMC Flux tip:
A good medium temperature on the AMC Flux for this range is P4, then reduce the heat all the way down to P1.