Have you seen or heard of the AMC Gourmet range? This range has been designed as a versatile addition to our standard range of cookware. With stainless steel handles, the AMC Gourmet range enables you to cook on the stove then grill in the oven all in one unit (without the lid). Less washing, less hassle and no need for extra casserole dishes in your kitchen!
What’s more, the gorgeous Gourmet range has been given a mini “makeover”! New design stainless steel handles with a rounded, comfortable grip adds a new touch of class to this already stylish range. And these handles still stay cool to the touch when cooking on a stovetop. Only once you place it under the grill do you need to get your AMC Kitchen gloves or Gourmet Grips out.
With the versatility that the Gourmet Range offers, you could prepare the following:
- Cook waterless vegetables on the stove, top with a cheese sauce and brown under the grill.
- Make chilli con carne, layer with nacho’s, salsa and cheese and grill to perfection.
- Prepare mince for a pasta bake in the unit, then layer with cooked pasta and top with a white sauce. Grill your pasta bake in the oven until golden brown and heated through. The same method can be applied when preparing macaroni-and-cheese or a moussaka.
- A prepared bredie or stew can be topped with dumplings and baked in the oven before serving.
- Make a potato bake by par-cooking potato slices and frying onions on the stove. Then layer with a sauce, top with cheese and grill until golden brown and cooked through.
- Grill the top of a pot-roasted cut of meat or chicken to give it extra colour and crispiness while keeping the meat moist.
- The last stages of a breyani, to steam all the ingredients together, can be done in any of the larger units. Prepare the meat, rice and sauce in your cookware on the stove, arrange in layers, cover with foil and complete in the oven for the required time.
It’s important to remember that the AMC Gourmet units are not meant for cooking in the oven alone. But meals that are cooked on the stove can be completed in the oven for that lovely golden-grill finish.
For more information contact your nearest AMC Consultant, Consultant Centre or consult our website for more details.