Lunches made easy & another chance to win AMC Edge!
This week Heleen shows us that packing a lunchbox doesn't have to be mission impossible. Watch her prepare a refreshing 3 bean salad withher AMC Chef's Pan. Don't forget to enter this week's competition and stand a chance of winning your very own set of AMC Edge kitchen knives.
T & C's
Some quick terms and conditions:
- This competition is open to anyone in South Africa over the age of 18. Employees and Sales Consultants of AMC Cookware may not enter.
- The company's decision is final and winners will be contacted directly by AMC.
Three bean salad
15 ml oil
2 onions, quartered and thinly sliced
30 ml red wine vinegar
60 ml water
5 ml dried thyme
30 ml tomato paste
1 tin butter beans or red kidney beans, drained
1 tin four bean mix or more butter beans, drained
2,5 ml salt
lemon juice and black pepper to taste
2 ripe tomatoes, cubed
handful lettuce leaves
handful dried cranberries
- Pour boiling water over green beans and allow to stand until cooked, but still crispy. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat an AMC 24 cm Chef's Pan or Fry Pan over a medium temperature until the Visiotherm reaches the first red area. Fry onions very slowly until golden and caramelised. If they brown too fast before softening, add a little water and allow it to cook out and fry again. The more golden and soft, the better the flavour.
- Reduce the heat and add vinegar, water and thyme and simmer for a few minutes. Add tomato paste and stir well. Stir in tinned beans, add salt and season with lemon juice and pepper. Allow to cool.
- Combine bean mixture with the green beans and tomatoes. Spoon over lettuce and sprinkle with cranberries. Serve as a side dish at a braai, or use in a lunch box.
- Any tinned beans of your choice will be delicious in this salad.