Balsamic chicken with green beans & tomatoes
Chicken fillets often have a reputation for being dry or bland and boring – not these. The balsamic marinade with honey and mustard adds a delicious flavour and the AMC way of cooking chicken fillets results in perfectly juicy fillets, every time. Using the right sized cookware means that you can prepare the whole meal in one unit.
Serves 4 – 6
Juice and finely grated rind of 1 lemon
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
30 ml (2 tbsp) honey
15 ml (1 tbsp) balsamic or apple cider vinegar
10 ml (2 tsp) Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
4 chicken breast fillets
125 ml (½ cup) sunflower seeds
200 g green beans, halved
250 g baby tomatoes, halved
Handful fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- Mix lemon juice and rind, oil, honey, vinegar and mustard together in a large mixing bowl and season to taste. Add fillets to the marinade and allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat an AMC 28 cm Chef’s Pan over a medium temperature until the Visiotherm® reaches the first red area.
- Add the sunflower seeds and toast without any oil until golden brown. Take care as they burn easily. Remove from the unit and set aside.
- Spoon fillets from the marinade and allow excess marinade to drip off. Fry fillets in the preheated unit on both sides until golden brown, but not cooked. The honey will brown quickly, so don’t make the pan too hot.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the fillets and cover with a lid. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until just cooked and still juicy.
- Spoon the chicken and most of the pan juices from the unit and set aside.
- Add the beans and tomatoes and stir-fry in the same unit until the tomatoes start to cook. Cover with a lid for a few minutes until the beans are just cooked and still green.
- Return the chicken and sauce and stir through.
- Stir in the parsley and season to taste. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and serve immediately with a side dish of your choice.
- The chicken and sauce are delicious on couscous or a starchy veg of your choice.
- Add 1 x 410 g tin lentils, drained to the chicken and vegetables in the pan and allow to heat through. Serve warm.