We offer our customers a lifetime guarantee on our cookware with the exception of the Visiotherm®, Electric Probe, Element, Urn Tap and Switch, Speedcooker® Lid Handle, Lid knobs and Handles on the following basis:
It is a condition that:
- AMC cookware and serving units are made of the finest grade stainless steel.
- All materials used in AMC cookware including handles, screws and washers are rustproof.
- If, for any reason, replacement or repair is necessary because of faulty material or workmanship, this will be done without charge. In the event of replacement under guarantee where the style of cookware is no longer in our current range, it will be replaced by an equivalent product from our latest range.
- There is no time limit to this guarantee.
- If for any reason it is necessary to replace the Visiotherm®, Electric Probe, Element, bakelite feet, Urn Tap, Switch and Speedcooker® Lid Handle within two years of purchase because of faulty material or workmanship, this will be done without charge. Thereafter the Visiotherm®, will be replaced at 50% of the ruling retail selling price, upon presentation of the original faulty item.
- Accidental damage: Any cookware which is accidentally damaged in whatever way will be replaced by AMC at 50% of the ruling retail selling price with an equivalent product, upon presentation of the original damaged item. If an equivalent product is no longer available, it will be replaced with a product to a similar value.
- Bakelite and nylon parts as well as spare parts are guaranteed for two years only.
- If a product is discontinued from our range, we will continue to provide spare parts for this item for 10 years after it has been discontinued.
- The Speedcooker® Rubber Sealing Ring is guaranteed for 1 year .
- The following AMC products are guaranteed for 1 year: AMC Flux, AMC Gourmet Kettle, AMC Edge Knives, AMC Steak Knife Set, AMC Braai, AMC Tongs, AMC Knife Sharpener, AMC Magnetic Strip, AMC Insulated Mugs and Tumblers.
- The AMC Impression Cutlery range is guaranteed for 10 years.
The following is not covered by our guarantee:
- This guarantee does not cover consequential damages and/or loss or damage to AMC cookware should such damage be caused due to negligence or misuse.
- Negligence or misuse would refer to ignoring the care instructions for your cookware as instructed in the AMC Cook’s Book, on the AMC website and in other AMC instruction booklets.
- Separation of the encapsulated base of Superstar, New Generation and Gourmet AMC cookware, owing to excessive overheating, is not covered by this guarantee.
- The non-encapsulated bases of older ranges of AMC: the bases of this cookware is not guaranteed against melting. A unit with a melted base cannot be repaired.
- Pitting is not a result of material defect or faulty workmanship.
- Damages affected by refurbishing or repair to any of our products or our electrified units, by parties other than AMC, except when appointed by AMC, are not covered by our guarantee.
- Limescale build up on the inside of our Urn and Kettle are not covered by our guarantee.
- Repolishing of cookware is a service that we offer our customers at a nominal cost. This service is not part of our lifetime guarantee.