Pan-fried prawns & chorizo with chimichurri sauce
This summer supper is super easy to prepare, and the bright green Chimichurri sauce adds a beautiful pop of colour to your plate. This recipe serves two, but you can easily double or triple the ingredients to feed more.
Pan-fried prawns with chorizo & chimichurri sauce
30 g flat leaf parsley leaves
10 g oregano leaves
4 garlic cloves
5 ml smoked chilli flakes
pinch of smoked paprika (optional)
60 ml red wine vinegar
180 ml olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
125 g Chorizo, thinly sliced
400 g cleaned and deveined frozen prawn tails, thawed overnight or soaked in cold water
olive oil for drizzling
- Sauce: Place herbs, garlic, chilli, paprika and vinegar in a food processor and pulse until very finely chopped, almost liquidised, and bright green.
- Spoon into a bowl and slowly add the oil in a steady stream whisking all the while, until you’ve reached a thickish salad dressing consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside or chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Heat an AMC Gourmet Paella Pan over a medium temperature until the Visiotherm reaches the first red area. Add the chorizo and fry until almost crispy. Add a little oil if necessary.
- Add the prawns and fry, tossing them with the chorizo until they are bright pink and opaque. Season to taste. Serve immediately drizzled generously with chimichurri . Enjoy with crispy bruschetta on the side.
- The longer it stands the more the flavour will develop.
- To make bruschetta: Slice ciabatta and toast in the oven until golden and crispy. Rub with raw garlic and drizzle with olive oil.
Recipe developed by AMC Brand Ambassador Carey Erasmus.