Cauliflower and apple soup with avo & eggs
If you are only used to having cauliflower as side dish to your meals then this soup is a definitely a recipe you should try. The added flavours of apple and cinnamon make this soup even more mouth-watering. When served with a poached egg and avocado this is a well balance meal. Quick and easy to prepare, you will be enjoying this in no time.
2 large potatoes, diced
2 onions, chopped
2 Pink Lady® apples, diced
10 ml ground nutmeg
25 ml ground cumin
1,75 litres boiling water
125 ml milk
lemon juice and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2,5 - 5 ml salt
45 - 60 ml fresh Italian parsley, chopped
6 large eggs, poached or fried
2-3 ripe avocados, diced
apple chips to server (optional)>
- Place vegetables, apples, spices and boiling water in an AMC 24 cm Gourmet High.
- Heat over a medium temperature until the Visiotherm® reaches the first red area. Reduce heat to lowest setting and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Remove unit from heat, and blitz soup with a stick blender until smooth.
- Add milk and half of the Italian parsley to the soup. Season to taste with salt, lemon juice and pepper. Reheat soup over a low to medium temperature.
- Poach or fry eggs to your preference. Spoon soup into bowls and top with an egg.
- Then top each bowl of soup with avocado and apple chips, garnish with remaining Italian parsley and a dusting of freshly grated nutmeg. Serve immediately.
- Poach eggs in warm water or use an AMC egg-poacher.
Recipe by AMC Brand Ambassdor Heleen Meyer, out of Cooking from the heart 1.