Easter is around the corner, so why not spoil your family with this easy and pretty treat! We found this recipe in the Ginja magazine and thought it too good not to share! A fun and easy way to get the kids involved in the kitchen and a fun activity during the school holidays.
Makes 12 - 16 nests
300 g chocolate, broken into pieces
4 x 250 ml rice crispies cereal
mini candy coated chocolate eggs
- Place 250 ml water in an AMC 20 cm Gourmet Low or 20 cm Synergy High and heat over a medium temperature until Visiotherm reaches first red area. Place chocolate in a 20 cm Dome and place over the warm water. Reduce heat to the lowest setting and stir every now and then to melt chocolate to a smooth mixture.
- Meanwhile place cereal in an AMC 24 cm Dome. Pour melted chocolate over the cereal and stir until combined.
- Scoop some of the mixture into a well greased muffin pan or silicone muffin cups. Use a spoon to create a hollow in the centre. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- Carefully remove from muffin pan and fill with chocolate eggs before serving.
Tips & variations:
- Substitute rice crispies with corn flakes.
- Add desiccated coconut with the rice crispies in a ratio you prefer.
- You can secure the eggs to the basket with additional melted chocolate.
- Use either dark or milk chocolate, or combine the two.