Fried rice is a dish of cooked rice that has been stir-fried and mixed with other ingredients such as eggs, vegetables, seafood, or meat. This is also a great way to use up leftover rice. Add some frozen peas, chopped carrots, corn, even shredded chicken, whatever you have in your fridge, and make this recipe your own.
Serves 4 - 6
250 ml (200 g) basmati rice
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
300 g shrimps, thawed, cleaned and patted dry
30 ml olive oil
2 - 3 eggs, beaten
250 ml frozen peas, quickly rinsed in boiling water
5 - 10 ml soy sauce or to taste
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place rice in an AMC 20 cm Dome, cover with water and soak for 10 - 15 minutes. Drain and place in an AMC 20 cm Gourmet Low, add salt and 625 ml (2,5 cups) cold water. Heat over a medium temperature until the Visiotherm® reaches the first red area. Reduce heat and simmer for 12 - 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat an AMC 30 cm Electric Frying Pan over a medium heat (Probe on 6) until Visiotherm® reaches the first red area.
- Saute onion, garlic and pepper for 2 - 3 minutes. Add shrimps and cook for a few minutes. Add 15 ml oil with rice to the pan and gently toss through, allowing mixture to heat up properly.
- Move rice to one side of the pan and add remaining oil. Pour beaten eggs onto base and stir to form scrambled eggs. Mix eggs with rice mixture, add peas and season with soy sauce, salt and pepper. Don’t stir too much. Serve immediately.
Tips & variations:
- Use 500 - 600 ml leftover cooked rice.
- Substitute shrimps with prawns or leftover meat.
- Substitute basmati rice with ordinary white rice and cook for 30 - 40 minutes.