Greek Chicken and Broccoli Bake
From the oven to the table – this is a recipe for busy families who want to enjoy healthy, home-cooked meals in a flash. The AMC 30 cm Gourmet Fry Pan is oven safe, which means you can prepare the first part of the recipe on the stove and finish it off in the oven for a delicious one-pan supper in no time. Chicken and broccoli is a well-known combination and the lemon rind in this recipe gives it a lovely zesty flavour.
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
4 chicken breast fillets
Juice and finely grated rind of 1 lemon
400 g broccoli, cut into florets
1 onion, cut into thin wedges
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 bay leaf
30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped fresh origanum
500 ml (2 cups) plain double cream yoghurt
125 ml (½ cup) milk
Salt and pepper
200 ml grated mature white cheddar or pecorino cheese
45 ml (3 tbsp) chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Heat an AMC 30 cm Gourmet Fry Pan over a medium temperature until the Visiotherm® reaches the first red area.
- Heat the oil and fry chicken fillets on both sides until golden brown. Reduce the heat, add the lemon juice and broccoli and cover with a lid. Simmer for 5 minutes or until just cooked. The broccoli should still be bright green in colour and the fillets should be cooked, but not dry. Remove from the unit with all the liquid and set aside.
- Turn the heat to a medium setting again. Add onion and sauté until softened. Stir in the garlic and bay leaf and sauté for a few minutes. Add half the origanum with the yoghurt and milk and allow to simmer gently for a few minutes. Take care that the mixture doesn’t boil.
- Slice the chicken into bite-sized chunks. Add the chicken and broccoli with any pan juices to the sauce and mix through. Season to taste. Spread in an even layer.
- Mix the lemon rind, cheese, parsley and remaining origanum together. Sprinkle evenly over the chicken and broccoli mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a green salad or veggies of your choice.