Spicy rice, smoked haddock and boiled eggs. Kedgeree is so easy to make and is a perfect family meal. Traditionaly considered as a British cuisine, this dish actually originated in India. Serve as a light supper, easy lunch or even brunch.
Serves 4 - 6
From the AMC Book
500 g smoked haddock fillets
500 ml chicken stock
1 large onion, chopped
1 small clove of garlic crushed
200 g (250 ml) uncooked rice
5 ml curry powder
lemon juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 eggs, hard boiled and quartered
30 ml fresh, chopped flat leaf parsley
- Pull skin from haddock while frozen and thaw the fish completely. Place haddock and stock in an AMC 24 cm Gourmet Dome Fry Pan, cover with lid and heat over a medium temperature until the Visiotherm reaches the first red area.
- Turn the temperature to the lowest setting and poach for 8 - 10 minutes. Remove from heat and spoon fish from the liquid. Reserve liquid, keep fish and liquid separate.
- Return the unit to the stove-plate and saute onion and garlic.
- Add rice and curry, mix well. Add reserved liquid and heat with lid on over a medium temperature until the Visiotherm reaches the first red area. Turn heat down and simmer for 25 - 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked. Debone haddock and flake with a fork.
- Stir haddock into rice. Season to taste and garnish with eggs and parsley before serving, Serve with salad.
- 10 ml fresh, grated ginger and 1 red chilli, chopped can be added with the garlic for a stronger flavour.