One pot chicken and rice
Using our 40 cm Gourmet Roaster, this chicken and rice dish is easy to make and good to eat! Perfect when cooking for a crowd. Be sure to watch the video and follow the steps below.
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp chicken spice
1 tbsp turmeric
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp mixed herbs
1 whole chicken spatchcocked
15 ml cooking oil
1 cup diced onion
1 cup red pepper
1 cup green pepper
1 cup yellow pepper
2 tbsp curry paste
8 pieces of chicken
6 cups of rice
1 cup green peas
Boiling water - enough to cover
1 large lemon slice
- Mix spices in a bowl.
- Spice your spatchcock chicken on both sides. Once done, keep the remaining spices as you will add them later.
- Add oil to your 40 cm Gourmet Roaster and place your spatchcock chicken skin down, fry until golden brown, turn over and fry the other side until browned. When you are done remove and place to one side.
- Add vegetables, remaining spices and curry paste, fry for five minutes.
- Add your chicken pieces, rice and green peas. Mix well and add boiling water, just enough to cover rice.
- Return spatchcock chicken to 40 cm Gourmet Roaster and add lemon slices.
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 45 minutes.
- Carve chicken, serve and enjoy!