Quick & easy Thai red curry
This Thai red curry is really quick and easy, hence the name. The curry paste you use will determine the flavour and spiciness of the meal. Exchange the chicken fillets in this recipe for prawns, pork fillet or tofu, if preferred.
1 x 400 ml tin coconut milk (see tip)
30 ml (2 tbsp) Thai red curry paste
125 ml (½ cup) chicken stock
2 medium carrots, diagonally sliced
1 red pepper, cut into strips
6-8 chicken fillets, thinly sliced
150 g broccoli, cut into florets
60 ml (¼ cup) chopped fresh coriander
salt and pepper to taste
handful fresh coriander leaves
60 ml (¼ cup) cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
- Place half the coconut milk in an AMC 30 cm Gourmet Paella and stir in the curry paste until well blended. Heat over a medium temperature and bring coconut milk mixture to the boil. Allow to simmer without a lid for 5-10 minutes until aromatic.
- Add the remaining coconut milk and stock. Allow to heat through. Stir in carrots and pepper and simmer for a few minutes with the lid off until the carrots are almost tender.
- Add chicken slices and stir through to coat evenly in the sauce. Allow curry to come to a gentle boil and simmer for only 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked but still juicy.
- Stir in broccoli and coriander and season to taste – the broccoli should be lightly cooked and still bright green in colour.
- Enjoy with your choice of egg noodles, white or brown basmati rice.
- Garnish curry with fresh coriander leaves and cashew nuts and serve with lime wedges.
Shake the tin of coconut milk before opening it so that the cream and milk is well mixed.