This classic spaghetti carbonara is silky, creamy and delicious. It’s a quick and easy dinner – you’ll want to go back for more than one helping.
300 g spaghetti, linguini, tagliatelle or other thin pasta
250 g streaky or back bacon, cut into thick strips, widthwise
45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
3 eggs, well beaten
80 ml (⅓ cup) grated pecorino, parmesan or white cheddar cheese
lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
handful fresh Italian parsley, basil or origanum
extra pecorino, parmesan or white cheddar cheese for garnish
- Bring an AMC 24 cm Gigant with Pasta Maker with enough water and some salt added, to the boil.
- Add pasta once the water is rapidly boiling. Boil for about 10-15 minutes or until cooked. (‘al dente’) according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Meanwhile, heat an AMC 30 cm Gourmet Fry Pan over a medium temperature until the Visiotherm® reaches the first red area. Fry the bacon until golden and cooked. Cover with a lid and turn the heat off.
- Drain pasta with the Pasta Maker but keep a few tablespoons of the water from the unit. Spoon cooked pasta into the Fry Pan with the bacon and stir in the oil. Heat over a low temperature.
- Add the retained pasta water to the beaten eggs, add the cheese, mix through and pour over the warm pasta in the unit.
- Toss well to coat the pasta with the sauce and to allow the egg to cook and bind the pasta slightly.
- Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Garnish with herbs and extra cheese, and serve immediately.