Chicken & dried fruit kebabs
chicken & dried fruit kebabs
Serves 4 – 6
juice and finely grated rind of 1 lemon
30 ml olive or avocado oil
30 ml honey
15 ml balsamic vinegar
10 ml wholegrain mustard
salt and pepper,
4 - 6 chicken breast fillets
a few handfuls dried fruit, such as pears and apricots
- Mix lemon juice and rind, oil, honey, vinegar and mustard together and season to taste. Cover fillets with the marinade and allow to marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Heat an AMC 24 cm Chef's Pan over a medium temperature until the Visiotherm reaches the first red area. Add a thin layer of oil to the pan. Spoon fillets from the marinade and allow marinade to drip off.
- Fry fillets on both sides until golden brown, but not cooked through. The honey will brown quickly, so take care not to overheat the pan.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the fillets and cover with lid. Reduce the heat and cook for 5 - 7 minutes or until just cooked and still juicy. Season if necessary.
- Cut chicken into cubes and thread onto kebab sticks with the dried fruit. Cut fruit in half or quarters if the pieces are large.
- As a meal you could serve the chicken and sauce on couscous with a veg of your choice. Or add 1 x 410 g tin lentils, drained to the chicken in the pan and allow to heat through. Serve warm.
- For a curry marinade: stir 2,5 - 5 ml (½ -1 tsp) curry powder into the marinade and substitute the balsamic vinegar with apple cider vinegar.
Recipe developed and adapted by AMC brand ambassador Heleen Meyer from her cookbook Make five/ Maak vyf.