Chocolate fondue video
Using an AMC 20 cm Dome as a double boiler, you can easily melt chocolate. Then the fun begins – dip and coat your favourite ingredients from fresh fruit to marshmallows, biscuits or even popcorn. You don’t have to go out and buy a special fondue set, simply use your AMC cookware!
200 g good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
Your choice of ingredients to dip:
- seasonal fresh fruit
- dried fruit
- sweets (marshmallows or skewered popcorn)
- biscuits (oat biscuits, shortbread etc.)
- Pour approximately 500 ml water in an AMC 20 cm Gourmet High and place an AMC 20 cm Dome in the unit. Place the chocolate in the Dome. Heat over a medium temperature until the water starts to simmer. (If using the AMC Flux, start on P5.)
- When the chocolate starts to melt, reduce the heat to the lowest temperature (P1 on the Flux) and gently stir the chocolate until it has melted completely. Take care not to overheat chocolate.
- Remove from heat, but keep the chocolate in the Dome over the water. This will ensure that it stays runny and melted. Alternatively, pour chocolate into individual serving bowls, and serve immediately to prevent it from firming up again.
- Dip ingredients of your choice into the chocolate or drizzle the melted chocolate over. Enjoy!
- Pat fruit dry before dipping in chocolate, so that the chocolate clings to the fruit. Seasonal fruit, like grapes, strawberries, berries, oranges, apples or slices of banana are delicious with chocolate.
- Dark chocolate, rather than milk chocolate, is best for this recipe, especially when serving with sweet ingredients like fruit, sweets or biscuits. It's also important to choose a good quality chocolate and not baking chocolate for the best flavour and texture.