Easy Fish Cakes
Heleen Meyer, AMC brand ambassador, once again shows us how good food doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive to prepare. Watch Heleen prepare these easy fish cakes, recipe adapted from 'Cooking from the heart'. Leftover fish cakes also make the perfect lunchbox filler for the next day.
Easy fish cakes
Makes 25 cakes
1 tin pilchards in tomato sauce
2 carrots, coarsely grated
60 ml wholewheat flour
2 large eggs, beaten
125 ml oats
60 ml chutney or tomato sauce
60 ml fresh Italian parsley or coriander, chopped
5 ml ground coriander
15 ml fresh lemon juice
2,5 ml salt
freshly ground black pepper
15 - 30 ml oil for frying
- Place pilchards and sauce in an AMC 24 cm Dome and mince with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the oil, and mix until well combined. The mixture will be runny. Season to taste.
- Heat an AMC 28 cm Chef’s Pan over a medium temperature until the Visiotherm® reaches the first red area. Add 15 ml oil to the pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the Chef’s Pan, fry for 3 – 5 minutes until golden brown and the surface is slightly set. Turn over and fry for a few more minutes until golden brown and cooked.
- Pilchards can easily be substituted with sardines. Use the same quantity of fish as the original recipe, about 3 x 120 g cans with the liquid. If your mixture is a bit dry, add another egg or some water.