Meatballs with apple
This meat ball recipe is very handy! The kids will love these and they are the perfect addition to any healthy lunch box. Make a double batch to enjoy for supper and have enough for lunch boxes too.
Makes 12 – 15 meat balls
500 g lean lamb, beef or ostrich mince
2 Pink Lady® apples, grated
60 ml uncooked oats
1 egg, beaten
10 ml dried thyme
15 ml ground cumin
45 ml chopped fresh parsley
lemon juice, salt and black pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients, except the oil, in an AMC 20 cm Dome or mixing bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Roll mince mixture into small balls (about 30 ml each).
- Heat an AMC 28 or 24 cm Chef’s Pan over a medium heat until the Visiotherm® reaches the first red area. Fry a batch of meat balls on all sides until golden brown, but not completely cooked.
- Reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for a few minutes until cooked, but still juicy. Spoon out and repeat with the remaining meat balls.
- Allow the meat balls to cool down and pack into a lunch box with a dipping sauce, like guacamole and small potatoes in the skin. Or serve warm with salad ingredients and vegetables of your choice for supper.
Share these easy meatballs!
- Recipe from Kosblik, Heleen Meyer, AMC Brand Ambasssador
- Photographs from Heleen Meyer, Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/HeleenMeyerFood