Terms and Conditions
- “agreement” means these terms and conditions and all other documents that are incorporated herein by reference;
- “AMC” means AMC Classic (Proprietary) Limited, Registration Number 1969/014299/07, trading as AMC Cookware, of 4 Castor Road, Lansdowne, Cape Town, 7780;
- “goods” means the products that AMC sells to the consumer in terms of this agreement;
- “you” or “consumer” means the person that enters into this agreement with AMC.
This agreement applies to each transaction between AMC and a consumer.
- The agreement contains the whole agreement between you and AMC.
- No party will be bound by any other undertakings, representations, warranties, promises or similar acts.
- Value of goods
The price quoted to you includes VAT at the prevailing rate.
- Delivery policy
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, the estimate time to delivery will be three weeks and delivery will be confirmed by way of order number. The goods will be delivered to you at our cost by courier or via the postal service depending on your location.
- Export restriction
The offering on this website is available to South African clients only
- Cancellation and termination by consumer
You may cancel the agreement within thirty (30) days of the date you concluded the agreement on payment of a cancellation penalty of ten (10) percent of the price of the goods, provided that the goods are unused and in theiroriginal packaging.
- Warranties and returns
- Different warranties apply to different goods.
- All goods have at least a 6 month guarantee against defective material and workmanship.
- Please refer to the warranty and return policy (“Lifetime Guarantee”) on the AMC website for details on the different warranties that will apply, included herein by reference.
From time to time, AMC may in its discretion, make available selected products on a promotional basis.
- Ownership and risk
- AMC does not insure the goods or any amount outstanding on this agreement.
- All risk in the goods we sell to you will pass to you when you accept the goods when we deliver them to you.
- The delivery of the goods will be at your risk and the carrier used to deliver the goods, will be deemed to be your agent.
- This means that when AMC delivers the goods to the carrier and the carrier accepts it, it is deemed that the goods are delivered to you.
- If there is a dispute about the delivery of the goods, you must prove that we did not deliver the goods to you.
- Any delivery time and date that we indicate to you is an estimate only. We will not be breaching the agreement if we cannot deliver on the estimated date and you may not cancel the agreement if we do not deliver on the estimated date.
You acknowledge that you have been advised that the independent consultants that sell AMC’s goods may not:
- accept or agree to accept on behalf of AMC any goods that you allege are defective or for any reason. AMC will not be responsible for any goods you hand to a consultant; or
- accept any payments on behalf of AMC. AMC will not be responsible to you if you make any payments to a consultant in contravention of this rule.
- If AMC experiences strikes, differences with workmen, breakdowns of machinery, failure of usual sources of supply of materials, civil commotions, acts of Government or quasi government or legislation or any other contingencies beyond the control of AMC, AMC may delay or suspend delivery to you.
- Any claim by you will not excuse you from making payment that is due in terms of the agreement.
- Any liability of AMC will only be applicable if you have fulfilled all obligations in terms of this agreement including payment of all amounts due.
- Save as provided for by law and these terms, AMC will not be liable for any damages or losses suffered, including consequential and economic loss, as a result of your negligence or misuse of the goods or as a result of breach or negligence by AMC.
- South African Law and Jurisdiction
- South African law will govern this agreement, and the South African courts may decide any dispute about it.
- You consent to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court for all actions or proceedings arising out of this agreement.
- You choose the residential address on the face of the agreement as your domicilium citandi et executandi and to receive all notices arising out of this agreement.
- AMC chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, the address listed in section 1.2 above.
AMC shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569
- Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa and MasterCard credit cards.
- Credit card acquiring and security
Credit card transactions will be acquired for AMC via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for Nedbank South Africa. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no credit card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
- Customer details separate from card detail
Customer details will be stored by AMC separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za
- Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction Currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
- AMC may without notice cede and transfer any rights, titles, interests and obligations in terms of this agreement to a third party and you agree to be bound by such a cession.
- You may not cede any rights or delegate any obligations in terms of this agreement to a third party without AMC’s written approval.
If a court finds that any part of this agreement is unenforceable or invalid or contrary to law, then that paragraph will be severed from the rest of the agreement and the rest of the agreement will be valid and binding.
- If we allow you any leniency in complying with this agreement, it will not affect or substitute any of our rights against you.
- Any changes to this agreement must be in writing and signed by AMC.
AMC contact details
TELEPHONE: 086 1111 262 (AMC)
PHYSICAL ADDRESS: 4 Castor Rd, Lansdowne, Cape Town, South Africa
POSTAL ADDRESS: PO Box 24200, Lansdowne, 7779, South Africa