Lethabo’s curried meatballs are quick to make and delicious to eat! Perfect for a quick Saturday lunch or a weekday meal. Be sure to watch the video for a step-by-step guide.
500g mince meat
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp masala spice
1 tbsp steak & chops spice
Salt & pepper to taste
1 medium onion finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped coriander
1 slice brown bread (soaked in milk)
2 small eggs
30 ml oil for frying
400g curry cook-in sauce (Here you can use any pre-mixed curry sauce of your choice)
- In a 24 cm AMC Dome (or large mixing bowl) add mince, spices, onion, coriander, soaked bread and two eggs.
- Use your hands to mix all the ingredients together. Make sure it is well mixed.
- Using an ice cream scoop roll the meat mixture into small balls ensuring they are all consistent in size.
- Heat an AMC 24 cm or 28 cm Chef's Pan over a medium temperature until the Visiotherm reaches the first red area. Add oil and fry meatballs on both sides until golden brown (roughly 3 minutes a side).
- Reduce heat and add curry sauce, cover with lid and let your meatballs cook on a low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Tip :To complete the meal, serve with either jasmine rice or naan bread.