Skip the bread roll and try our paleo sliders instead. A slider is a small sandwich or hamburger, normally prepared with a bread bun. We’ve made our very own paleo version of these food bites. These mini versions make the perfect snack or appetizer.
Makes 8 sliders or 4 normal burgers
16 brown mushrooms, butternut or aubergine slices
10 ml coconut oil for frying
1 medium onion, finely grated
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
800 g beef mince
25 ml Dijon mustard
10 ml ground coriander
15 ml fresh, chopped or 7.5 ml dried mixed herbs
20 ml fresh, chopped or 10 ml dried parsley
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 avocado, sliced
1 – 2 tomatoes, sliced
lettuce or rocket leaves for garnish
- Heat an AMC 28 cm Chef’s Pan or 30 cm Electric Frying Pan over a medium temperature until the Visiotherm® reaches the first red area. Add mushrooms, stem side down or vegetable slices. When using butternut or aubergine slices add 10 ml coconut oil. Fry on both sides until golden brown. Remove and set aside until needed.
- Meanwhile combine remaining slider ingredients in an AMC 24 cm Dome. Mix with a spoon and season to taste. Roll into balls and flatten slightly.
- Using the same pan, still on a medium temperature add slider patties. Fry on both sides until golden brown. Reduce heat and simmer with lid on for 7 - 10 minutes (depending on size of patties).
- To assemble, use mushrooms, butternut or aubergine slices as your base. Top with lettuce or rocket, burger pattie, avocado, cucumber and tomato. Serve with sweet potato fries.
- When frying your burgers, do not flip them over too soon or too often, allow them to brown properly on the first side, before turning over.