Video: Pasta salad with steak, tomatoes & broccoli
Watch our short video showing you how to make this delicious and easy pasta salad. This recipe is light and fresh, and the addition of broccoli, sautéed tomatoes and herbs will appeal to many. But you can use any vegetables or meat that you have at home for this meal. And using our AMC Pasta Maker and 24 cm Gourmet Gigant makes boiling pasta effortless.
Pasta salad with steak, tomatoes & broccoli
Serves 4 – 6
250 g penne or any pasta shape of your choice
salt and pepper to taste
200 g broccoli, cut into florets
20 ml (4 tsp) olive or avocado oil
juice of ½ lemon
200 g baby tomatoes, halved
2 leftover steaks, thinly sliced or any other protein of your choice (see tips)
large handful fresh herbs, like basil, coarsely torn
100 ml coarsley grated pecorino cheese
- Add about 5 litres of water with salt to an AMC 24 cm Gourmet Gigant. Place the AMC 24 cm Pasta Maker inside, cover with a lid and bring to the boil over a high temperature. (This is one of the only times you need to heat AMC cookware on a high temperature.)
- Once the water is rapidly boiling, add the pasta and stir through to prevent it from sticking. Don’t put the lid back on. Boil pasta for about 15 minutes or until almost cooked (al dente), but not too soft.
- Add the broccoli to the boiling water just before draining the pasta and cook for a minute or two. Drain with the pasta by simply lifting the Pasta Maker from the Gigant.
- Pour pasta and broccoli into an AMC 24 cm Salad Bowl. Pour over the olive or avocado oil and lemon juice and toss through.
- Meanwhile, heat an AMC 24 cm Chef’s Pan over a medium temperature until the Visiotherm® reaches the first red area. Add the tomatoes and sauté for a few minutes or just until the skins start to burst. Season with pepper.
- Add the tomatoes, steak and basil to the pasta and toss through. Season with pepper.
- Grate pecorino over and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Use any leftover meat of your choice for this salad. Tinned tuna will also be delicious or for a vegetarian salad, add tinned beans, chickpeas or even lentils.
- To prepare the steak: Brush steak with olive oil and your favourite meat rub (a combination of paprika and dried thyme works well). Heat an AMC 28 cm Chef’s Pan over a medium temperature until the Visiotherm® reaches the first red area. Fry for 4-5 minutes on both sides until golden brown or done to your preference. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Allow to rest before slicing. Or see the tips and recipe here.
- Any other green veggies like spinach, asparagus, green beans or baby marrows can be blanched with, or instead of the broccoli.